這個月收到水單的人都被高升的水費嚇一跳
我不只嚇一跳
還鬧一個大笑話
今年春天的充足雨量使得蓄水池有足夠的水量
市府宣佈每週可為草坪自動噴水兩次
(去年是每兩週才可自動噴水一次)
可是五六月時
每到噴水日就常遇下雨天
也就很少自動噴水
直到七月中後連續 41 天的乾旱天
氣溫也高達 90s - 100sF
所以除了定時為草坪噴水外
還為菜圃灌水
收到水費通知時還沒細看
就接到小妹的電話
沒種菜的他們家水費高升到百元
她懷疑是水錶有問題而電郵市府
市府回覆將派人來檢查
我一查我的水費
也加倍到 150 元( 22 k/gallons)
所以馬上電郵市府
期望也能來檢查水錶
負責的那位女士回說
I have reviewed your account. The usage does not look out of line with what you normally register in this same billing cycle going back several years. I have attached a usage history report and have highlighted the consumption for the usage from July to August which is our current billing cycle for this property. The reading from the meter on 08/12/15 was 0345. You can take a reading from your meter to see how much you have registered since this date. We read the first 4 digits from left to right including the zero. If you take a reading and subtract it from the reading on 08/12/15 you would be able to see how much has registered since then. Please contact our office if you have any further questions.
我就依她指示去看水錶
結果回報她所看的數字是 8947
馬上得到回應說這數字是不正確的
叫我再去確認一下
我乾脆就照相寄給她讓她確認
不知是否已接近下班時間
沒再接到她的回郵
向傍晚回家的老夫報告這過程
才發現我把瓦斯表當成水錶了
難怪數字會那麼不合理
還自以為真的是水錶有問題
趕緊寫信為看錯而道歉
還謝謝她的耐心
隔天早上收到回郵
No problem. I"m happy to have helped.
瓦斯錶在 driveway 旁立正站好
每天車子進進出出都會看到
所以一提到 meter 我馬上連想到它
而且它有顯示出四個號碼
所以我就視而不見了
根據報導
有人水費還暴漲到三百多元
明年鄰近幾個城鎮的基本水費都會上漲
只能祈求老天多降雨了

沒有留言:
張貼留言